Our Vision: To be a place of refuge in our community where both believers and non-believers can come to learn, grow, develop, and strengthen in their faith. To be a source of hope and positivity where All regardless of faith tradition, nationality, social status, sexuality, or any other label are WELCOME.
Our Mission: To serve Christ through our service to others
Kingdom Refuge Ministries Statement of Beliefs:
- We believe in God’s continuing testament. This is why we are committed to hearing God’s ancient story anew and afresh in our lives and in the world today. We try to remain attentive to God’s creative movement in the world. Religion and science are not mutually exclusive, and your head and heart are both welcomed into worship. We prepare our members and leaders to be engaged in ministry in the present and future church, and we embrace all kinds of communities and new modes of thinking.
- We believe in extravagant welcome. This is why we insist that God’s communion table is open, not closed, and God’s gift and claim in baptism are irrevocable. We advocate justice for all. Our congregations extend hospitality as a sign of God’s inclusive love. We teach that evangelism — offering bread to those in search of it — is God’s mission. Our perspective is global, not provincial. We work with — not against — people of other faiths.
- We believe the church’s mission is to change lives — individually, systemically and globally. We work to make transformation possible, but trust in God’s grace. This is why we insist that churches must be places of vitality in worship, learning and advocacy. We are committed to working for justice, and we believe that lives are changed through global experiences and friendships.
- We believe in the verbal inspiration and inerrancy of the Scriptures and the authority of both the Old and New Testaments. (II Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that God eternally exists in three Persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—and that these three are one God, having the same nature, attributes, and perfections, and worthy of the same worship, reverence, and obedience.
- We believe man was created in the image of God, but sinned and fell through disobedience. The entire human race shares in man’s lost and depraved nature.
- We believe Jesus, the eternal Son of God, took upon Himself the form of a man by means of the virgin birth, lived a sinless life, yet retained His absolute deity, being at the same time very God and very man. (Matthew 1:18-25)
- We believe that atonement for sin was made by the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ. (Hebrews 9:13-22)
- We believe in the literal resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and His priestly intercession. (Matthew 28:7-9)
- We believe salvation is the gift of God by grace alone and is received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 2:8-9)